Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tips To Organizing Your Shoes Closet

 A few days ago while sitting in bed on my computer, I looked over at my closet and realized how messy my shoes had gotten. We all know I'm quite the pursuer of shoes and have accumulated a sizeable shoe collection which, as of late has become a bit disorganized. Since we're approaching the new year and I like to have projects on my to-do list, I figured it's time I organized my shoe closet. I'm assuming most of you are like me and we don't have the Devil Wears Prada dream closet, right?






We'll get there ladies, we will. But for now, we need to improvise. I like to say, "If Carrie Bradshaw can do it in her small New York apartment with a teeny tiny closet, then we can do it too."
Here are a few times to best utilize your closet space:
 
  • First thing's first, color and style. I like to coordinate my shoes by color and then put them into categories by style.... heels, wedges, sneakers, boots, flats, sandals. If you're the neat freak organizer-type you can get even more specific with closed toe heels, peep toes, lace-ups, and the list goes on.
  • Purge: You'd be surprised how many shoes you own once categorize them. Go through each shoe and if you haven't worn in over 2 years (that's two rotation of seasons!) then it's time to get rid of them.  Check out my post on the best way to sell your shoes. 
  • Get the appropriate racks: add some shoe racks or shelves if you have the room. I love these stackable organizers from Target. If you have a lot of sneakers or flats, these hanging organizers from PB Teen are great too! If you have an awkward space or are unsure how to best use your space, I suggest searching Pinterest for ideas. There are some pretty clever ways to organize your shoes.
It may seem daunting but this easy 3 step process is a sure-fire way to an organized shoe closet and once you complete it you'll feel great about!

No comments:

Post a Comment